ACCESS to Markets
ACCESS to Markets is a five-year Feed the Future activity that is increasing agriculture sector growth and improving nutrition for 19,500 client households in the northern dry corridor. Highlights:
- Establishing market-driven production programs to match suppliers to local, regional, and international buyers, with a focus on higher-value and value-added crops. More than $8 million in farm sales have been generated to date.
- Facilitating access to a diverse and quality diet; promoting improved sanitation and hygiene practices; and working with partners to expand access to maternal and child health services.
- Project Duration: 2014-2019
- Value Chains: Coffee; horticulture; livestock; staple crops
- Regions: Copán; Ocotepeque; Santa Bárbara
ACCESS to Production and Nutrition
ACCESS to Production and Nutrition is reducing poverty and malnutrition and improving the health of 20,500 households in the southern Honduran Dry Corridor (La Paz, Intibucá, and Lempira) by delivering activities and services aimed at increasing incomes, employment opportunities, productivity, access to markets, financial services, and better maternal and child nutrition and health services. Key results to date:
- 20,000 hectares of land under improved practices, with more than 11,000 households surpassing targets in income increases.
- 92 percent of children under six months in target communities exclusively breastfed.
- Project Duration: 2015-2020
- Value Chains: Coffee; horticulture; staple crops
- Regions: Intibucá; La Paz; Lempira
© 2019 Fintrac Inc. All rights reserved.