Office Assistant - Feed the Future Ethiopia Value Chain Activity
The Feed the Future Ethiopia Value Chain Activity is part of the US Government’s Feed the Future Initiative and the Government of Ethiopia’s (GoE) Agricultural Growth Program II (AGP-II), and represents a major United States Agency for International Development (USAID) investment in the agricultural sector over the next five years, through December 2021. The activity will support the commercialization of smallholder agriculture in Ethiopia by improving the ability of smallholder farmers to meet both international and domestic demand and quality standards in various value chains. The activity will support development of efficient, private sector led value chains; and provide targeted training, grant matching, and technical assistance to leverage private sector investment and encourage innovation, ultimately making Ethiopian products in the selected value chains more competitive and profitable.
The Office Assistant is based in Addis Ababa and reports to the Director, Finance and Operations. The Office Assistant is responsible for the smooth and efficient management of daily office operations. In addition to the specific tasks stated below, he/she is expected to contribute fully as a program team member, conducting him/herself in a proper manner at all times as a representative of the program, and is responsible for the safe keeping and care of program assets assigned to him/her.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Opening, closing, and setting up the office for daily operation.
- Ensuring smooth and efficient management of the front desk/reception area.
- Greeting and attending to all visitors.
- Handling all inquiries on the phone and face to face, supplying relevant information regarding the organization to visitors, staff, vendors, partners, and others.
- Maintaining office files, handling incoming faxes, expediting messages, and dispatching couriers.
- Assisting the office staff with various clerical tasks as required such as photocopying, binding, collating, etc.
- Building a positive relationship with vendors, couriers, and other regular external company contacts.
- Monitoring and maintaining office supplies inventory.
- Assisting with scheduling, coordinating, and preparing for meetings and events.
- Maintaining a safe and secure working environment.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University;
- 3-5 years of experience of office management experience within NGOs, preferably supporting USAID projects;
- Very good understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skill;
- Fluency in English and Amharic;
- Good team player and strong interpersonal skills;
- Female candidates encouraged to apply.
Candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Only fully qualified candidates will be contacted.
© 2018 Fintrac Inc. All rights reserved.