IT Specialist - Feed the Future Ethiopia Value Chain Activity
The Feed the Future Ethiopia Value Chain Activity is part of the US Government’s Feed the Future Initiative and the Government of Ethiopia’s (GoE) Agricultural Growth Program II (AGP-II), and represents a major United States Agency for International Development (USAID) investment in the agricultural sector over the next five years, through December 2021. The activity will support the commercialization of smallholder agriculture in Ethiopia by improving the ability of smallholder farmers to meet both international and domestic demand and quality standards in various value chains. The activity will support development of efficient, private sector led value chains; and provide targeted training, grant matching, and technical assistance to leverage private sector investment and encourage innovation, ultimately making Ethiopian products in the selected value chains more competitive and profitable.
The IT Specialist is based in Addis Ababa and reports directly to the Director, Financ and Operations. In addition to the specific tasks stated below, he/she is expected to contribute fully as a activity team member, conducting him/herself in a proper manner at all times as a representative of the activity and is responsible for safe keeping and care of all activity assets assigned to him/her. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and implement firewall security.
- Manage user access to the firewall.
- Analyze firewall log for security audit, and report any suspicious activities identified.
- Analyze, install/un-install, and manage firewall resources including hardware and software.
- Monitor, analyze, and optimize firewall performance.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and maintain site-to-site VPN between office locations and SSL VPN for remote access.
- Analyze VPN traffic and detect intrusion.
- Configure, maintain, and analyze Content Filter, Gateway Antivirus, Intrusion Prevention, Anti-Spyware, Geo-IP Filter, and Botnet Filter.
- Troubleshoot any firewall related problem (if necessary get support from professionals).
- Install security service pack and patches to the firewall as needed.
- Manage and analyze project network and prevent anyone from using excessive network bandwidth.
- Troubleshoot any network related problem.
- Install security service pack and patches to every workstations in the network.
- Keep track of IT inventory for project office.
- Install and maintain Wi-Fi Network.
- Enforce Fintrac IT rules and regulations in the project office.
- Install and troubleshoot network printers, scanners, and other IT equipment.
- Work with local ISP to troubleshoot any internet related issues.
- Work with Fintrac Home Office IT before making any major changes to the project office network.
- Follow Fintrac implemented ITIL framework.
- Maintain and implement server security.
- Manage user access to the server.
- Create user when a new employee is hired and remove a user when employee leaves Fintrac.
- Analyze server log for security audit, and report any suspicious activities identified.
- Analyze, install/un-install, and manage server resources including hardware and software.
- Monitor, analyze, and optimize server performance.
- Troubleshoot any server related problem (if necessary get support from professionals).
- Install security service packs and patches to the server if needed.
- Monitor and maintain server backup.
- Maintain and troubleshoot file replication between DC and project office via FTP.
- Troubleshoot computer related problems.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware related problems for end users.
- Provide support to roaming users using software such as GoToMeeting and WebEx.
- Train project staff on office software to increase productivity.
- Educate project staff on cyber security and best practices.
- Install and implement virus scanner, backup software, malware remover, Skype, Microsoft Office and any other software recommended by Fintrac onto client computers.
Backup & Disaster Recovery
- Implement Home Office recommended backup and disaster recovery plan.
- Implement a disaster recovery procedure.
- Implement, monitor, and maintain backup on all computers and server in the network.
- Install and maintain CIRIS program on client computers.
- Troubleshoot any CIRIS related problem (if necessary get support from professionals).
- Participate in CIRIS beta testing.
- Manage software and hardware licenses and warranties.
- Remove unlicensed/pirated software from users’ computer.
- Educate users about software piracy.
- Manage and maintain Helpdesk ticketing system.
- Follow up on pending requests on daily basis.
- Assign tickets that are un-assigned for more than a day.
- Run monthly performance/productivity report.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in Network management and Desktop support.
- Familiar with firewall products, such as CISCO, SonicWall, etc.
- Very good understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and PhotoShop.
- Understanding of IT best practices and principles needed to solve computer and software problems
- Well-developed interpersonal, written, and verbal communications.
- Ability to explain complex IT topics to all employee levels.
- Willing to travel to remote locations.
- Female candidates encouraged to apply.
Candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only fully qualified candidates will be contacted.
© 2018 Fintrac Inc. All rights reserved.