Partnership and Subawards Manager - Feed the Future Ethiopia Value Chain Activity
The Feed the Future Ethiopia Value Chain Activity is part of the US Government’s Feed the Future Initiative and the Government of Ethiopia’s (GoE) Agricultural Growth Program II (AGP-II), and represents a major United States Agency for International Development (USAID) investment in the agricultural sector over the next five years, through December 2021. The activity will support the commercialization of smallholder agriculture in Ethiopia by improving the ability of smallholder farmers to meet both international and domestic demand and quality standards in various value chains. The activity will support development of efficient, private sector led value chains; and provide targeted training, grant matching, and technical assistance to leverage private sector investment and encourage innovation, ultimately making Ethiopian products in the selected value chains more competitive and profitable.
The Partnerships and Subawards Manager is based in Addis Ababa and reports to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP). In addition to the specific tasks stated below, she/he is expected to contribute fully as a program team member, conducting her/himself in a proper manner at all times as a representative of the program, and is responsible for the safe keeping and care of program assets assigned to her/him. She/he should also provide guidance to new recruits in the Subaward Management Unit.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the DCOP set the parameters for solicitations including proposal requirements/templates, evaluations tools, and timelines.
- Manage the solicitation process to ensure that timelines are followed and targets are met.
- Participate in the evaluation of proposals as appropriate.
- Set the grant awards policy and develop and enforce procedures that assure equity and transparency in the grant award process.
- Support the DCOP in drafting new Partner Fund and Technology Fund Awards.
Partner Agreement Development
- Develop the work plans for/with each NGO or development agency partner to set out clear timelines and tasks to be achieved under the award. Monitor partner progress against work plans and budgets in consultation with the Technical
- Support the Technical Director in monitoring commercial partner progress against the work plans and budgets developed by Technical Director.
- Communicate and liaise with partners and activity field staff on a regular basis.
- Review all Partner Fund Award documents before submission to ensure that all USAID and Fintrac guidelines and requirements are met.
- Develop clear reporting guidelines, templates, and other aids to simplify the administrative demands on partners.
- Organize and facilitate training workshops for selected award recipients and ensure that they have a firm understanding of Fintrac and USAID financial and reporting requirements.
- Ensure the timely and accurate submission of all required partner reporting documents/deliverables including but not limited to: monthly reports, monthly invoices, monthly projections, M&E documentation.
Partner Fund Close-Out
- Ensure that all USAID and Fintrac-required documents are completed to formally close-out a partner fund award.
- Provide guidance to the program team in matters related to alliance/partnership grant development.
- Communicate partner progress, successes and challenges to the DCOP and Chief of Party (COP) in the form of a monthly progress report.
- In conjunction with field staff, report successful partnership interventions to the Communications Officer for the development of monthly reports and success stories.
- Support other activities upon request of DCOP.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science fields, or international development from a recognized University;
- 5-7 years of experience as Grants Manager or similar grant management position, in USAID projects;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Managerial experience;
- Fluency in English and Amharic;
- Good team player and strong interpersonal skills;
- Female candidates encouraged to apply.
Candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only fully qualified candidates will be contacted.
© 2017 Fintrac Inc. All rights reserved.