Partnership and Subawards Specialist - Feed the Future Ethiopia Value Chain Activity
The Feed the Future Ethiopia Value Chain Activity is part of the US Government’s Feed the Future Initiative and the Government of Ethiopia’s (GoE) Agricultural Growth Program II (AGP-II), and represents a major United States Agency for International Development (USAID) investment in the agricultural sector over the next five years, through December 2021. The activity will support the commercialization of smallholder agriculture in Ethiopia by improving the ability of smallholder farmers to meet both international and domestic demand and quality standards in various value chains. The activity will support development of efficient, private sector led value chains; and provide targeted training, grant matching, and technical assistance to leverage private sector investment and encourage innovation, ultimately making Ethiopian products in the selected value chains more competitive and profitable.
The Partnerships and Subawards Specialist is based in Addis Ababa and reports to the Partnership and Subawards Manager. In addition to the specific tasks stated below, she/he is expected to contribute fully as a program team member, conducting her/himself in a proper manner at all times as a representative of the program, and is responsible for the safe keeping and care of program assets assigned to her/him. She/he should also provide guidance to new recruits in the Grants Management Unit.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Partnerships and Subawards Manager with overall subaward management processes.
- Ensure subaward mechanism compliance by awardees at all time.
- Support the Partnerships and Subawards Manager with tracking budget expenditures.
- Facilitate/revise financial documents for settlement of advances.
- Provide subaward management/close out trainings to NGO partners whenever necessary.
- In close collaboration with the Partnerships and Subawards Manager and the respective Program Managers, perform desk review of Partnerships and Subaward requests on completeness of supporting documents.
- Monitor client/counterpart use of grants resources, as well as anticipated grant activity results.
- Track cost-share indicators for reporting purposes among the targeted subsectors.
- Work closely with M&E department to ensure cost-share information is entered into CIRIS.
- In close collaboration with the Office Assistant, update/review partner inventory list (new additions, serial numbers, etc.)
- Present during staff and counterpart meetings on overall activity subaward progress.
- Assist in maintaining program report schedule, including liaison with grantees for submission of the financial reports.
- Travel to client sites for closing out of subawards.
- Support with other activities upon request of Partnerships and Subawards Manager or DCOP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a recognized University;
- 3-5 years of experience as grants specialist, grants administrator, or similar grant management position, within NGOs, preferably supporting USAID projects;
- Excellent organizational skill;
- Fluency in English and Amharic;
- Good team player and strong interpersonal skills;
- Female candidates encouraged to apply.
Candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only fully qualified candidates will be contacted.
© 2017 Fintrac Inc. All rights reserved.