Communications Specialist - Feed the Future Ethiopia Value Chain Activity
The Feed the Future Ethiopia Value Chain Activity is part of the US Government’s Feed the Future Initiative and the Government of Ethiopia’s (GoE) Agricultural Growth Program II (AGP-II), and represents a major United States Agency for International Development (USAID) investment in the agricultural sector over the next five years, through December 2021. The activity will support the commercialization of smallholder agriculture in Ethiopia by improving the ability of smallholder farmers to meet both international and domestic demand and quality standards in various value chains. The activity will support development of efficient, private sector led value chains; and provide targeted training, grant matching, and technical assistance to leverage private sector investment and encourage innovation, ultimately making Ethiopian products in the selected value chains more competitive and profitable.
The Communications Specialist is based in Addis Ababa and reports directly to the Communications Manager. Her/his main roles are timely processing of reports, assistance in the daily management of the department, and overall delivery of publications and other media products.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and production of communications materials, ensuring all products are of the highest quality.
- Work closely with Fintrac home office communications team and partner organizations to identify and reinforce key messages for dissemination to various audiences and stakeholders.
- Ensure message and brand consistency and coherence across all public products.
- Design and print brochures, signs, banners, and technical displays as required for project events.
- Conduct regular site visits to project sites and partners to gather information from staff, partners, and beneficiaries.
- Write and edit content for bi-weekly highlights, monthly bulletins, success stories, and quarterly reports following Fintrac style guidelines.
- Edit and format presentations and reports.
- Collect and help shoot video footage and photographic images.
- Update the project’s video and photography database, including weekly photo uploads to Fintrac’s database (PICS).
- Provide communications support for field visits, workshops, press conferences, and other special events.
- Ensure project compliance with USAID and other donor branding requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Communications Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications, journalism, international development, or a related field required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience writing, editing, and preparing promotional materials, including basic desktop publishing. Experience working for USAID or in international development a plus.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint; basic familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite. Ability to work in an open, creative, multi-cultural atmosphere on time-sensitive projects.
- Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously, independently, and to meet deadlines without compromising quality.
- Comfortable with basic photography and photo editing.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written, and verbal communications.
- Ability to travel to remote locations.
- Fluency in English and Amharic;
- Female candidates encouraged to apply.
Candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Only fully qualified candidates will be contacted.
© 2017 Fintrac Inc. All rights reserved.