Communications Manager - Feed the Future Ethiopia Value Chain Activity
The Feed the Future Ethiopia Value Chain Activity is part of the US Government’s Feed the Future Initiative and the Government of Ethiopia’s (GoE) Agricultural Growth Program II (AGP-II), and represents a major United States Agency for International Development (USAID) investment in the agricultural sector over the next five years, through December 2021. The activity will support the commercialization of smallholder agriculture in Ethiopia by improving the ability of smallholder farmers to meet both international and domestic demand and quality standards in various value chains. The activity will support development of efficient, private sector led value chains; and provide targeted training, grant matching, and technical assistance to leverage private sector investment and encourage innovation, ultimately making Ethiopian products in the selected value chains more competitive and profitable.
The Communications Manager, based at the program’s headquarters in Addis Ababa, reports to the Chief of Party. In addition to the specific tasks stated below, she/he is expected to contribute fully as a program team member, conducting her/himself in a proper manner at all times as a representative of the program, and is responsible for the safekeeping and care of all program assets assigned to the communications unit.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance with drafting and finalizing program technical and promotional materials, including monthly bulletins, success stories, fact sheets, technical bulletins and other documents.
- Design and print brochures, signage, banners, and technical displays, as required for program events.
- Work with sector teams and management in collecting information on client activities to be used for reporting and success stories.
- Assist the COP and managers in responding to information requests and presentations for USAID, Ministry staff, and other counterparts.
- Organize and managing the program’s photo library.
- Serve as the point of contact for media requests, press releases, press kits, etc., in regular liaison with USAID’s Communications Director.
- Ensure program compliance with USAID branding requirements.
- Assist with website management through the provision of program information and other content to the Home Office Program Management Unit.
- Assist, as necessary, other team members with their communications needs.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief of Party.
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in related field of study from a recognized University;
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a communications position within an NGO, preferably with experience working with USAID projects; at least 3 years is in a management position;
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and to work with minimum supervision in order to meet changing deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Fluency in English and Amharic;
- Age between 25 and 35 preferred;
- Female candidates encouraged to apply.
Candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Only fully qualified candidates will be contacted.
© 2017 Fintrac Inc. All rights reserved.